|Gus knows the perfect spot to escape the frigid temperatures!
Something about this picture I just love!
Can you believe it is already January 25? I can't! I am not really sure what that has to do with this post other than I was shocked when writing the date in the title. Okay, lets refocus my ADD inclined mind! I don't know if you have noticed this or not, but often I get side-tracked very easily…wow look there is a squirrel! What were we talking about again? Oh, right how I get distracted in an instant, I almost always need to be on the move, I cannot be somewhere static. Again I have no idea what this has to do with this weeks Scoop other than hopefully enticed you to read more! Onto the Scoop!
Read more »
|A gorgeous sunset from on my way home last night!
So I guess it is actually more like where have I been? I got buried in a humongous pile of sugar and I had to eat my way out. Since then I have been super hyper and just haven't been able to sit down and write. NOT. Actually what happened was:
Read more »
|A trail marker I passed. 🙂
It is Friday? Say what? I don't know about you, but I have all my days of the week mixed up. I think I had to tell myself it was Friday at least three times today. Oi vey! Please tell me some of you are just as confused as I am!
Read more »
|Are you hungry yet?
So, how are your News Years resolutions going? Mine, not so well…surprise, surprise. Have I increased my exercise? Nope. Have I tried to eat better? Sort of. I hope you are better than I am, if not here is some incentive! Plus it's "light"! This would make the perfect post-workout reward. I got the recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny, from that name it has got to be some what better than the butter and sugar laden goodies I usually post about! Kelly adapted these from Cooking Light, which I am thinking about subscribing to. Do any of you? If so, would you recommend it?
Read more »
In my family on Christmas morning you can always count on there being crumb cake, but usually of the sour cream variety. The recipe we usually use if from my grandmother, it has a dense crumb made with oats, and the cake has a unique tang from the added sour cream. The recipe is our go to for Christmas morning sweets to nibble on as we open our presents! This year I decided to buck our family tradition (Sorry family!) and try a new variety of crumb cake.
Read more »
Thank you so much Teresa at My Day Starts with Chips for nominating me for the Liebster Award, which recognizes bloggers with less than 200 followers! Here is the low down:
I am going to list 11 facts about moi! Answer 11 questions from Teresa! Create 11 questions of my own for other bloggers! Nominate
11 other bloggers! Let those bloggers know! Say thank you!
Also even if you do not have a blog, feel free to answer my questions with comments!
Here are my 11 facts:
- For about a year I had braces on only one side of my mouth.
- I love to sleep.
- I had shingles at 13 and sometime before then I had mono.
- I am really bad with organization.
- I don’t drink coffee. Only a latte occasionally.
- My favorite TV show is Castle.
- I am afraid of yeast and terrified of making bread!
- I love the snow!
- I am obsessed with my dogs.
- Sprinkles are my favorite!
- I am not very interesting, I don’t have an eleventh fact.
Answering Teresa’s Questions:
1. Would you rather watch a movie on dvd at home or at the movie theater?
DVD at home, I am a total homebody!
2. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Ryan Gosling! That man makes me swoon!
3. If you had a castle, which country would it be in?
4. You can chose anyone in the world to have dinner with, who would that be?
Michael Phelps so he can fall madly in love with me and we can get married! Or Kate Middleton to talk fashion! My serious choice would be Barack Obama!
5. If you watched the t.v show Friends, are you more like Phoebe, Monica or Rachel?
My mom never let me and my sisters watch it!
6. If you are on Pinterest, which category is your favorite?
7. What would be your perfect Sunday?
Sleep in until about 8, then go out for breakfast! Maybe a little shopping thrown in?
8. Which birthday has been the best so far?
My last one! It was rockin’!
9. If you could go on a shopping spree, would you come home with more clothes, shoes or bags/purses?
I think clothes because I already have a ton of purses and shoes!
10. Are you a dog person, a cat person or neither?
Dog person all the way! Umm…all of it?
11. Which house chore do you dislike the most?
Umm…all of it?
EDITED: My Nominees….um I haven’t found many with under 200 followers? Could you help this sista out and recommend a few? Thanks! I will add them as I find them!
- Annie’s City Kitchen
My Pathetic and Random Questions:
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could be a Disney Princess, which one would you be?
- Do you do any extreme sports?
- Dogs or cats?
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- Have you read the Harry Potter series?
- Milk chocolate? Dark chocolate? Or white chocolate?
- Beach, lake or pool?
- What famous restaurant do you dream of dining at?
- M&M or Skittles?
- What is your favorite quote? Who is it from?
So, on January 7th I said I would be changing up the blog a little, well that is not going to happen. Not just yet anyways! Here’s how it all went down! A wonderful and relaxing family vacation kept me out of the kitchen, so I was not able to make a special Six Month Blogoversary treat. Also I told my sister and her boyfriend the name I had thought of and it was shot down. This lead to my family trying to come up with some pretty crazy names, many with less than savory interpretations because there was scotch and limoncello involved! Now it is back to the drawing board for me!
I am so sorry to let you all down! Maybe I will be ready by my seven month Blogoversary!
Thank you for your patience!