This is the
tragic glorious story of four overripe bananas who resided on the MollyCakes kitchen counter. Why would this be a tragic story, well I had to mash up those little suckers….ANYWAYS, these banana martyrs produced delicious results! Now in this delightful story the bananas are mashed up, then combined with brown sugar and vanilla Greek yogurt! There is no butter in these, so eat as many as you want! According to Chobani, there are only 180 calories in each, practically guilt free!
These muffins combine some of my favorite baking ingredients, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. While there is no vanilla extract in the muffins, you get a warm hint of vanilla from the yogurt! Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Now I am off to eat more of them!
- 1/2 C Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with paper cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine both flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set this aside.
- Beat or mix by hand the bananas, yogurt, brown sugar, canola oil and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups, bake for 20-22 minutes, or until muffins bounce back when pushed or a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are golden brown. Cool a few minutes in pan and then cool completely on wire rack.
Coming soon meals and fun from my trip to Boston!